LAN connnection falls back to Local whenever Vista Business PC sleeps RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop is running Vista Business SP1 and I have Live OneCare installed.  Whenever the computer is connected to any Ethernet LAN, either at home or on the road, I lose Internet access after it had gone to sleep.  The connection is still active, but it drops down to Local access only.  This problem has been continual, even after several updates to both Vista and OneCare.

Every time I want to use the Internet, or even if it's just Outlook going to collect mail, I have to manually disable the LAN connection and then re-enable it.  And of course with Vista's permissions second-guessing, it's six mouse clicks, plus the time in between every time I sit down and wake up the laptop.    The Internet connection stays available after the disable/enable, until the machine goes back into sleep mode.  I'm not even sure if it's a OneCare problem, or Vista, or Visa Business, or the way OneCare and Vista interact.

Neither my desktop PC, nor my other laptop, which both run WinXP with the current Service Pack and OneCae have this problem.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a permanent fix?

Thanks.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:42 PM

Answers