Dashboard showing chart with edited XML? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have played around with charts, and been able to edit the Chart XML to produce the result the client wanted.  However, they then asked if I could add this chart to a system dashboard so all users can see it...   simple enough request, but it turns out... no, I cannot!

When you create a personal dashboard (from workplace, dashboards, click New) I can select from My Personal Views and My Personal Charts.  For a system dashboard, you cannot.  You can only select from System Views and System Charts.  Which makes perfect sense, as obviously we can't have a public dashboard using my custom, personal view, as nobody else has it.

Which would be all fine and good if I could create a chart that has hand-edited XML!   But I cannot!  I can export the XML, but when I try to import it, it says right on the form "system charts cannot be updated"...

So if I can only add system charts to the dashboard, and can't add edited charts to a system chart, how can I accomplish my objective of adding a customized chart to a system dashboard?

If that isn't possible, any suggestions for the best practice workaround would be most welcome as well...

Thanks,

Dave

Friday, July 25, 2014 8:25 PM

All replies

• You should be able to import custom charts as system charts. Can you screenshot the error?

As you can see below I can edit and upload a system chart:

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Saturday, July 26, 2014 7:40 AM