neeed help resolving fireware won't stay on RRS feed

• General discussion

• Firewall turns off after I sign on, I click it a few times, it works for a while than again off, onecare says uncompatable why now aftter it has been working since installed?
    When i try to resolve it it recommendes I buy a software that is compable.  is it really necessary to buy more antisoftware?
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:47 PM

All replies

• Is OneCare in green status, yet you have a red shield with a white x in it? Are you turning on the Firewall based on the alert from the red shield or by opening Windows Security Center? If so, see this thread - 

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareupdate/thread/297455ff-0484-4dd6-9627-ca1b0e30b015

which explains the problem and the solution(workaround) before a OneCare update is sent out soon.

If OneCare is not in green status, and the OneCare icon is red and the OneCare firewall is turning off, you have a different issue. If that's the case, please post back.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:29 PM