none
custum Account Register RRS feed

• Question

• hello using money from 1998 :-)
    and i'm still using it, actually with money 2005 on windows 7 x64

1- i just want to customize the "Account Register" view by adding a "categry" column
    so it will be more fast to know any category we spent ...

is there any modification orkey to add o to the register ( regedit->current user -> money->14)

2- by the way is there any android application that support the ms money 2005 format

3- it is a really a succes that ppl keep using an old software until today, so why not MS bring it again to life
    adding it to Ms offfice or like a stand alone one ?

thx for herlp
    Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:49 PM

All replies

• i found in french site how to split category to 2 box via regedit

Dans la base de registre (windows, démarrer, exécuter, regedit), il fautaller à la clé
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftMoney14.0
    Clic droit pour créer une nouvelle clé de type DWORD. La nommer UseDualCatMode (en respectant la casse).
    Modifier la valeur de cette clé avec 1.
    Valider, quitter la base de registre et redemmarer l'ordinateur.

so this mean that the solution of getting new column exist via regedit
    but just we need tha samrt guy that will find the solution :)
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:59 AM
  • hello using money from 1998 :-)
    and i'm still using it, actually with money 2005 on windows 7 x64

1- i just want to customize the "Account Register" view by adding a "categry" column
    so it will be more fast to know any category we spent ...

is there any modification orkey to add o to the register ( regedit->current user -> money->14)

Cntl+t toggles whether the category shows in the register. The category does not get its own column, but it shares a column on a different line. However customizing a report is the best way to see what is going on with categories. I am using a newer version, but I think that goes back to Money 98.

I did not understand what you mean "to add o to the register". Are you saying that you want to add a zero amount transaction? If you wanted to note spending an amount, but did not want the amount to affect the register, you could do a Split transaction that adds up to zero. It would record a transaction for 2 or more categories, and the net amount could be zero.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:24 PM
  • No need to edit the registry to get separate dropdowns for Category and Subcategory.  Just go to Tools>Category Settings and tick the check box for "Choose categories and subcategories from separate lists".

Bill Becker

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:27 PM