Start-up RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista Home Basic (Microsoft Windows Vista (6.0.6000) x86)  and I just installed Live OneCare 2.0 Beta.  I am having tons of problems yet can't find any solutions for them.  Firstly, it worked perfectly fine at first but when I restarted my computer, the icon turned red and told be to turn on the virus protection.  When I clicked the button it would let me enable it.  So I looked on here and downloaded the file (CaclsDeleteDB.exe) and it worked....until I restarted the computer again.  Then it keeps resetting my settings and says that I've never done a scan even though I've done 3.  Also when tuning up, it won't let my computer defrag.  Now the newest problem is it won't start up and I don't know how to delete Windows Defender.  I have it on my start-up list but it won't begin automatically...instead there is the little red shield that keeps saying I have problems with my security and Live Onecare won't open.  Please somebody help me with the majority of my issues.  I am new to this and thought it was cool to test the Beta but right now it's causing me many headaches that I don't need.

Thanks,

Daniel F.

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:18 PM

Answers

• The first thing I would suggest doing is uninstalling the 2.0 beta. Then try a reinstall after verifying that you have no other antivirus or firewalls installed and running.

As for Defender, it cannot be removed from Vista, but OneCare disables it when OneCare is installed as OneCare includes the antispware protection of Defender.

If you need help with this, contact support - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 - use the get more help link in the lower right to contact support.

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 6:36 PM