off topic - Where put Outlook.pst RRS feed

• General discussion

• I saved "Outlook.pst" from on XP home edition machine thinking I could put it in another to recreate the first machine's email content.  Now I'm travelling and can't figure out where to put the pst file in the laptop also running XP home edition.  Both machines have Outlook Express version 6.  How do I create the mail contents in the second machine?
    Friday, April 11, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

However, it doesn't matter where you place the .pst file. If the source machine was running Outlook Express, you don't have the email from that machine. Outlook Express uses .dbx files located in a hidden folder under the User ID in Documents and Settings. The .pst file is used by Outlook.

If the source machine was using Outlook, not Outlook Express, you would be able to Import the messages from that file into Outlook Express by using the Import feature in OE.

-steve

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:02 PM