information about the stored procedures and tarcking meta data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

IS there a document which describes the parameters of the Sync framework related stored procedures?

How exactly server knows that client1 has synched its data till restore point x?

Where can I find the information about SP generated at the time of provisioning the sync scope on server?

For example: I wanted to always upload the client changes to the server. After uploading the changes, what if my client gets reinitialized ie is it ok to re-provision the client ( assuming I am always reinitializing the client db)?Is there an example  with customized where update /delete /insert sync SP?

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:02 PM

All replies

• here's a link to give you an idea on what gets provisioned: http://jtabadero.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/sync-framework-provisioning/

the information on what was synched is stored in the sync knowledge (check the knowledge columns in scope_info table).

if you reprovision, you wipe out the sync knowledge.

if your client has existing data and that data is the same with what's in the server, sync framework has no idea that they are the same or that they have been synched before because there is no sync knowledge after provisioning.

so if your client has existing data and same data as server, when you upload, you will encounter conflicts as sync framework tries to apply the rows from the client to the server.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:29 AM