none
Does MCPD Web Developer 4 + MCTS Silverlight 4 = MCPD Silverlight 4 ? RRS feed

• Question

• I've just passed the Upgrade exam 70-523 (from 3.5 EAD) which now states that I am MCPD Web Developer.

I also previously passed the 70-506 (silverlight) exam does this now mean I am MCPD Silverlight 4 also? 

(because for some reason the MCPD Silverlight 4 still requires that I take the Pro Web 70-519 exam -which is already included in the MCPD upgrade 70-523 exam)

The MCPD Silverlight 4 certification is listed here (at the bottom of page) ... http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

• Edited by Norsten Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:35 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

first: Yes you're a MCPD Silverlight 4. The requirements for it can be seen at this site. To make it sure just have a look at your transcript. There you will find all your passed exams.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:42 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks for your reply.

I did check my transcript and for some reason even though you do the 70-523 exam -it still says you need to do the 70-519 for the MCPD Silverlight 4 certification.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

first: Yes you're a MCPD Silverlight 4. The requirements for it can be seen at this site. To make it sure just have a look at your transcript. There you will find all your passed exams.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:42 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks for your reply.

I did check my transcript and for some reason even though you do the 70-523 exam -it still says you need to do the 70-519 for the MCPD Silverlight 4 certification.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Ok, I had in mind you will get it automatically, but it seems that you don't get a PRO exam when upgrading.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:22 PM
    Answerer
  • I also have the same problem with PRO exam (70-519) after upgrade.
    • Edited by Vashchegin Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:53 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

if that is a question: You have to pass the 70-519 exam to get the MCPD Silverlight Developer 4 (like discussed above).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I have upgraded from Enteprise Developer 3.5 to Web Developer 4. After I passed the Silverlight exam (70-506) and look in sertification planner that i have to pass 70-519 exam to get MCPD  Silverlight Developer 4.

Did you solve your problem? I just "googled" and found that my problem is not unique :)

I want to write in live chat but it works on bussines days.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:53 AM
  • Then, like said, you have to pass the 70-519 exam (like your certification planner states).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:06 PM
    Answerer
  • I have spoke to Microsoft about this and they are looking into fixing it so that the Silverlight 4 MCPD certification is added also.

I will post a link to this forum to them so that they can provide a status update.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:38 PM
  • Thanks for the information.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Norsten, Have you got the Silverlight 4 MCPD certification added to your transcript? 

Anyways I have a question with a difference case. I am also a MCPD Web developer 4. I passed all 4 papers of the track 

70-515
    70-513
    70-516
    and 
    MCPD requirement: 70-519

Now if I do Silverlight exam 70-506, Would I automatically be MCPD Silverlight Web Developer 4? 

faraz

Friday, August 10, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hello, Yes I do have the Silverlight 4 MCPD certification. And if you do exam 70-506 and have the other exams then you will get it too Good luck.
    Friday, August 10, 2012 3:31 AM
  • That's great. Thank Norsten. 

faraz

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:47 AM