Pushpin sets and symbols conflict RRS feed

• Question

• I have used S&T since 2006, updating every year or so through 2011. I use pushpins a lot. I change the default symbol on most of my pushpins. I create a set and name it and choose a symbol for it, for example a 'building looking' symbol to represent the 'customer set'. The symbol on the map then changes to my choice. BUT, in 2013 S&T, that does not happen easily.

I choose a location for a customer with the default pushpin, then go in and put it in the 'customer' set, which has a 'building looking' symbol. When I return to the map, the symbol has not changed. With 2011 S&T, it will not  change until I zoom out or something. It is annoying enough that it does not automatically change without messing around with the zoom, (I think the map just needs to change in some way for the new symbol to take effect). That it is how it was before with 2011 S&T. BUT now, with 2013 S&T,  the symbol does not change at all! Zooming does not help anymore. I then check the Legend to see if the new customer is in the 'customer set', and it is...strange. How come the 'customer symbol' does not change on the map to match the 'customer set' symbol? . So.... then, get this, while still in the Legend, I change the customer set symbol to 'something else'. On the map the customer pushpin has changed to the 'something else' symbol. Okay... but I want to use the 'building looking' symbol for my customers. So I go back to the Legend and change my 'customer set' symbol back to the "building looking' symbol, then everything is okay. My new customer location now has the correct symbol, finally!

Seems like a software malfunction to me. Please develop a software fix for me, please. I have many pushpin sets with individual symbols and I have to go through the same process every time I add new pushpin to a set. HELP!

Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:17 PM