Easier Spell Checker Language Select

General discussion

• Hi there,
    I'm loving Windows Live Writer. It's simple and easy to use.

What I'm missing is a way to change the spellchecker language in a simple and easy way.
    I'm writing in german and english so I always go the options dialog and change the language for currently opened post.

Assigning language to a blog
    It would be great if there would be an option assigned to the blog which says what's the language of the blog. So when writing in "Blog-De" the spellchecker would automatically work with german and using "Blog-En" the english checker would run.

Assigning language to a blog post
    I'm writing in one blog with two languages - ok - no discussion if writing in two languages in one blog is really useful.
    But in my case it would really help if I could assign a language to a blog post.

How I'm using Live Writer
    I use WLW as a note taking application for possible blog posts - some are just ideas, others are getting finished over time while collecting all information needed. So I have a lot of drafts in there and continue writing over time. So I often have to switch between the languages.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:29 PM

All replies

• Thank you for the feedback, you are not the only one to request this feature!
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:06 PM