VS 10 / .NET 4 Support (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• forceamp posted on 05-07-2010 1:00 PM

Does the current version support Visual Studio 10 / .NET 4.0 ?

What about the the parallel support in .NET Framework ?

Thanks,

Bill

Friday, June 3, 2011 5:41 PM

Answers

• jwinn replied on 05-26-2010 3:13 AM

We don't have a firm timeframe for the next release, but I would expect sometime this summer.  Infer.NET remains a research project for now, I'm afraid - there are no plans to offer a 'Go Live' license in the immediate future.

Best
    John W.

All replies

• jwinn replied on 05-12-2010 2:25 AM

The current version should work fine in VS2010/.NET 4.0, with the exceptions stated below, although as these are relatively new we have not done extensive testing. The example projects supplied with Infer.NET are for VS2005/2008 so would need to be converted to work in VS2010 (this should happen automatically when you open them). 

The limitations are:

• The current (experimental) implementation of parallel support was designed to work with the CTP and will not work with the .NET 4.0 parallel libraries.  We will fix this in the next release.
    • We also have reports that the current F# wrapper is not compatable with F#2.0 - this will not prevent you from using Infer.NET from F# 2.0 but will make it less convenient to do certain operations.  Again, we will look to fix this in the next release.

Please let us know if you do encounter any other difficulties using either VS2010 or .NET4.0 and we will do our best to resolve them.

Best regards,
    John W.

• forceamp replied on 05-18-2010 10:20 AM

Can you give any timeframe on the release date ? Also, any idea as to whether this project will ever have a "Go Live" license so we can use it in a production offering?

Thanks,

Bill

• jwinn replied on 05-26-2010 3:13 AM

We don't have a firm timeframe for the next release, but I would expect sometime this summer.  Infer.NET remains a research project for now, I'm afraid - there are no plans to offer a 'Go Live' license in the immediate future.

Best
    John W.