Survey submitted... RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, survey completed last night.  I've got 5 systems ready and a 6th that is dying to get Home Server...

When will we know if we made it in?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:58 AM

Answers

• Thank you for registering. We would start sending out invites within a week or two. Stay tuned!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:56 AM

All replies

• Thank you for registering. We would start sending out invites within a week or two. Stay tuned!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:56 AM
  • Are beta invitations limited to users in the US and Canada?

James

Saturday, February 17, 2007 10:39 AM
  • No.

Regards,

Mark

Saturday, February 17, 2007 12:23 PM
  • If we haven't received an invite yet is there any chance of getting in?  I've got 5 (soon 6) machines plus a dedicated server with many drives that I'd like to try this out on.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:57 AM
  • If the survey is still available then I think the beta hasn't been closed yet, so go ahead and register.

I'll offer a warning: if the server you mention is currently in production (i.e. actively used as a file/media/whatever server in your house) you will find that WHS presents a certain level of frustration. It will want to format and add to it's storage pool any drive that's connected at installation time, so if you have drives with data you want to keep, you'll have to shuffle data around (possibly quite a bit). And it may not do some of the things that you're using your server for now.

Best would be to allocate one of the other PCs to be your WHS.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:28 PM
  • I read all about how it formats the drives.  I'd be willing to pick up another drive and move my data around though.  I basically use the server for file storage.  I do have a fax server running on it, but never use it.  It also shares 2 printers.  That's basically it.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:06 PM
  • Definitely use a machine that can be wiped clean.
    There is no way around it, WHS will format all the drives in there before it even starts installing.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:55 PM
  • The problem is... All of this is really a moot point unless I get an invite...
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:57 PM
  • I think I did the survey on the 1st or 2nd, got my invite on the 8th...relatively quick turn around...have faith!
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:36 AM
  • Yup...that was about the same duration of time it took them to get back with me...very quick...
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:11 AM
  • Maybe I won't be getting one.  I thought I had submitted mine at the end of February.  I guess I can try again and see if it says I had already submitted one.  Here's hoping.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:16 AM