none
About development native app(android & ios) on Visual studio 2017(c#) RRS feed

• Question

• Preface:

I have over 7 years development experience based on .net framework. includes windows forms ,B/S,html5 project....

so i should familiar with visual studio platform. 

recently, i notice some new features about Visual studio 2017/2015. i mainly focus on native App(not web app) development.

my question as follows:

1. i am not sure can visual studio 2017  develop native app using c#?

2. how should i begin develop a native app (Android or iOS). anyone can share learning resources(video or document)?

Thanks,Regards.

• Moved by Fei Hu Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:30 AM Moved from C#
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hello Eric,

>>i am not sure can visual studio 2017  develop native app using c#?

You could get touched with Xamarin technology, which develop with a C#-shared codebase and developers can use Xamarin tools to write native Android, iOS, and Windows apps with native user interfaces and share code across multiple platforms, including Windows and macOS.

So you could use visual studio 2017(IDE) to develop native app using Xamarin.

>>how should i begin develop a native app (Android or iOS). anyone can share learning resources(video or document)?

try to look up here, Android: Quickstart

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Eric Sol Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:27 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hello Eric,

>>i am not sure can visual studio 2017  develop native app using c#?

You could get touched with Xamarin technology, which develop with a C#-shared codebase and developers can use Xamarin tools to write native Android, iOS, and Windows apps with native user interfaces and share code across multiple platforms, including Windows and macOS.

So you could use visual studio 2017(IDE) to develop native app using Xamarin.

>>how should i begin develop a native app (Android or iOS). anyone can share learning resources(video or document)?

try to look up here, Android: Quickstart

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Eric Sol Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:27 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Thanks a lot. i will learn Xamarin tools to write native Android, iOS,
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:12 AM