none
Facing issues while getting latest project of Entity Framework from TFS RRS feed

• Question

• I am going to describe the issue i am facing.

1 - i check out my project of Entity Framework
    2 - make changes like update my model.
    3 - chekin the changes,
    4 - it is working fine and checked in successfuly in tfs.
    5 - my colleage get the latest version from the TFS and after that he
        faces lot of Entity Framework issues.
    6- To fix the issue i give the latest code from my machine to my colleage.He override the existing file with the files of project
       i give and the errors are gone.
    7- whenever i make modifications in Entity Framework i have to do it.

Note: Please let me know why this happens and possible solution. I am using visual studio 2017 and TFS 2013
    Sunday, September 2, 2018 4:39 PM

All replies

• I am going to describe the issue i am facing.

1 - i check out my project of Entity Framework
    2 - make changes like update my model.
    3 - chekin the changes,
    4 - it is working fine and checked in successfuly in tfs.
    5 - my colleage get the latest version from the TFS and after that he
        faces lot of Entity Framework issues.
    6- To fix the issue i give the latest code from my machine to my colleage.He override the existing file with the files of project
       i give and the errors are gone.
    7- whenever i make modifications in Entity Framework i have to do it.

Note: Please let me know why this happens and possible solution. I am using visual studio 2017 and TFS 2013

It's either one of three things. Either you have not done a full compile to make sure compile is error free before check in. You have not checked in all the code changes.  The other developer has not done a Getlatest for the entire solution at the solution level. 

It's not an EF issue or a C# issue. 

Sunday, September 2, 2018 5:33 PM
  • Hi fahim Tufail,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your question is more related to YFS, you could post a new thread in StackOverFlow.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tfs

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 3, 2018 2:07 AM