Is CRM Reporting Services Connector Using Wrong GUID? RRS feed

• Question

• Is CRM Reporting Services Connector Using Wrong GUID?

I am having a problem installing the Reporting Services Connector for CRM 4.0.  I had CRM installed then had to remove it and reinstall it.  Now When I try to install the SSRS Connector on the report server I get the following error.

Exception caught while checking access to group <GUID=a2b4c791-b023-4b49-99b0-c20337205389> ... System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server.
    Error| Check PrivReportingGroupActiveDirectoryRightsValidator : Failure: The current user does not have required permissions (read/write) for the following Active Directory group: PrivReportingGroup

When I run the following query in SQL against the MSCRM_CONFIG database

Select

ID, DatabaseName, FriendlyName from Organization

I get this result set:

ID                                                                    DatabaseName                   FriendlyName
    B1AF34D4-D25A-4E28-A801-F9AAEA3A9B4D CompanyName_MSCRM Company Name

The GUID the SSRS Connector installer is trying to access is not the one in the database.  I do not know how to fix this.  Do I have to completely remove it all again along with all the AD groups and start over?  Or can I tell the SSRS Connector Installer to use the correct GUID?

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hope this helps you.

Here are the troubleshooting steps we took:

·        On the CRM server, we verified that the CRM website is been logged with NTAUTORITY\NETWORK SERVICE credentials. After verigying, we logged onto the SQL server and  provided the access to the user NTAUTORITY\NETWORK SERVICE against the database MSCRM_CONFIG and performed an IISRESET on the CRM server to get the CRM application backup and running

·        We discussed that there were issues running the install of the data connector previously, but now as we had all the permissions in place on the DB server, we were able to install the data connector fine. However, we experienced issues while running reports with the error message:

The permissions granted to user ‘DOMAIN\SERVER$’ are insufficient for performing this

operation.

·        After providing the permissions for the specified computer account against the OrganizationName_MSCRM folder on the SRS server resolved the issue with running reports

·        We also discussed that every time a reinstall is performed on the CRMserver, the CRM security groups are recreated with the same names but with a different GUIDs. Therefore we ran a query against the ORG_MSCRM database as : select * from organizationbase and noted the GUID of the existing groups and deleted the other groups from the Active Directory Users and Computers.

To manually add the objects to Active Directory, use Active Directory Users and Computers. You must add the following users and computers to each security group:

Security Group

Object Type

Description

PrivUserGroup

User

User who is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Setup

PrivUserGroup

Computer

Computer where Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server is installed

PrivUserGroup

Computer

Computer where Microsoft Exchange Server is installed (if you are using the E-mail Router)

SQLAccessGroup

Computer

PrivReportingGroup

Computer

Computer where the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Connector for SQL Server Reporting Services is installed

ReportingGroup

User

ReportingGroup

User

Any user who will run reports

Other Resources:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&displaylang=en   = CRM 4.0 implementation guide

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946677 = How to install CRM with the minimum permissions

http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/regcont/en_us/op/articles/ifd_common_issues.aspx  = CRM 4.0 Resource centre

Friday, May 28, 2010 1:57 PM

All replies

• None of this helps.  The problem seems to be simple enough.  The SSRS Connector is trying to use the wrong {GUID}.  Is there a way to fix that?  I do not know why this has to be so hard.  If there is a permissions problem Please explain how to adjust the permissions.  But if you look at my first post though, the the GUID is for

Domain\PrivReportingGroup {B1AF34D4-D25A-4E28-A801-F9AAEA3A9B4D} 

Which is what shows in my ReportServer Database under users.

The failure is:

Exception caught while checking access to group <GUID=a2b4c791-b023-4b49-99b0-c20337205389> ...

Failure: The current user does not have required permissions (read/write) for the following Active Directory group: PrivReportingGroup

That PrivReportGroup {GUID} is in my AD but I believe it is from a different install and some how the SSRS Connector install is trying to use it instead of the one in my ReportServer and CompanyCRM databases.

If it is a permission thing, and I do not believe it is...  I can not find a way to set permissions on the PrivReportingGroup in AD however it is really looking at one PrivReportingGroup {GUID} in the install and a different PrivReportingGroup {GUID} in the connector setup.  So I do not believe it is a permissions thing.  I looked in the Database and I am in the domain\Domain Admins group with db_accessadmin, db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_owner, db_securityadmin, NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, and domain\SERVERNAME$, to the database Schema and all role members are checked.

Friday, May 14, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Hi guys,

I have the same problem.

15:04:13|  Error| Check ReportServerValidator : Failure: Unable to validate SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server installation. Please check that it is correctly installed on the local machine.
    15:04:13|   Info| Check ConfigDatabaseExistsValidator: Success
    15:04:16|Verbose| Retrieving config database version Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=CRM02CJ001;Initial Catalog=MSCRM_CONFIG;Integrated Security=SSPI ...
    15:04:16|   Info| Config database version: 4.0.7333.3.
    15:04:16|   Info| Check ConfigDatabaseVersionValidator: Success
    15:04:17|Verbose| Exception caught while checking access to group <GUID=32a199dc-012f-4759-b73e-156edef3508e> ... System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server.
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.RefreshCache(String[] propertyNames)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtility.GroupAccessCheck(String group)
    15:04:17|  Error| Check PrivReportingGroupActiveDirectoryRightsValidator : Failure: The current user does not have required permissions (read/write) for the following Active Directory group: PrivReportingGroup
    15:04:17|Verbose| BaseGroup.Validate completed

The PrivReportingGroup (or any other group) does not have a GUID like GUID=32a199dc-012f-4759-b73e-156edef3508e.

I don't know where this GUID comes from.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mihai

Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:35 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.

I can not install the Connector for Microsoft SQL Reporting Services. I don't have an internet connection on the SQL server, therefore I can not update my installation files.

15:04:13|  Error| Check ReportServerValidator : Failure: Unable to validate SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server installation. Please check that it is correctly installed on the local machine.
    15:04:13|   Info| Check ConfigDatabaseExistsValidator: Success
    15:04:16|Verbose| Retrieving config database version Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=CRM02CJ001;Initial Catalog=MSCRM_CONFIG;Integrated Security=SSPI ...
    15:04:16|   Info| Config database version: 4.0.7333.3.
    15:04:16|   Info| Check ConfigDatabaseVersionValidator: Success
    15:04:17|Verbose| Exception caught while checking access to group <GUID=32a199dc-012f-4759-b73e-156edef3508e> ... System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.RefreshCache(String[] propertyNames)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtility.GroupAccessCheck(String group)
    15:04:17|  Error| Check PrivReportingGroupActiveDirectoryRightsValidator : Failure: The current user does not have required permissions (read/write) for the following Active Directory group: PrivReportingGroup
    15:04:17|Verbose| BaseGroup.Validate completed

However, the GUID found in the log can not be found on my system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:26 PM
  • Hope this helps you.

Here are the troubleshooting steps we took:

·        On the CRM server, we verified that the CRM website is been logged with NTAUTORITY\NETWORK SERVICE credentials. After verigying, we logged onto the SQL server and  provided the access to the user NTAUTORITY\NETWORK SERVICE against the database MSCRM_CONFIG and performed an IISRESET on the CRM server to get the CRM application backup and running

·        We discussed that there were issues running the install of the data connector previously, but now as we had all the permissions in place on the DB server, we were able to install the data connector fine. However, we experienced issues while running reports with the error message:

The permissions granted to user ‘DOMAIN\SERVER$’ are insufficient for performing this

operation.

·        After providing the permissions for the specified computer account against the OrganizationName_MSCRM folder on the SRS server resolved the issue with running reports

·        We also discussed that every time a reinstall is performed on the CRMserver, the CRM security groups are recreated with the same names but with a different GUIDs. Therefore we ran a query against the ORG_MSCRM database as : select * from organizationbase and noted the GUID of the existing groups and deleted the other groups from the Active Directory Users and Computers.

To manually add the objects to Active Directory, use Active Directory Users and Computers. You must add the following users and computers to each security group:

Security Group

Object Type

Description

PrivUserGroup

User

PrivUserGroup

Computer

PrivUserGroup

Computer

Computer where Microsoft Exchange Server is installed (if you are using the E-mail Router)

SQLAccessGroup

Computer

PrivReportingGroup

Computer

Computer where the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Connector for SQL Server Reporting Services is installed

ReportingGroup

User

ReportingGroup

User

Any user who will run reports

Other Resources:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&displaylang=en   = CRM 4.0 implementation guide

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946677 = How to install CRM with the minimum permissions

http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/regcont/en_us/op/articles/ifd_common_issues.aspx  = CRM 4.0 Resource centre

Friday, May 28, 2010 1:57 PM
  • I have run select * from organizationbase on the Orgname_MSCRM database and found out that PrivReportingGroupId is 32a199dc-012f-4759-b73e-156edef3508e

I start SQL management Studio and after connecting to the Server I expanded Security and Logins

Here I can see the MyDomain\PrivReportingGroup has a different GUID.

NinjaDad, I now understand your first post.

I don't want to delete my PrivReportingGroup from AD.

NinjaDad, many thanks, i will check this further.

Friday, May 28, 2010 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

My problem sounds exactly the same... basically I want to know/try changing the GUID that CRM 4 has and reference in the SRS Data Connector log (i.e. 34e133cb-15e4-452d-afea-d9b7618f0792), to the one I think it needs to be 322c4fa4-ba82-4292-82b3-82f119535b28.

I have updated it in OrganizationBase in the column PrivReportingGroupId column, but the SRS data connector install stil uses the GUID 34e133cb-15e4-452d-afea-d9b7618f0792 (which does not seem to be referencing any known object). CRM was only installed once, so I am not sure where the GUI came from.

I have rolled up to patch 20 on CRM 4, and run SRS data connector to get last install patch, and finally am using SQL Server 2008 R2.

Any help, appreciated, as demo'ing form Report Server directly hardly looks integrated with CRM!

Thanks
    William

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:21 PM