Internet Explorer 8 won't initialize after upgrading from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Internet Explorer 8 won't initialize after upgrading from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate. When I click on IE8, it flashes on my monitor for a moment and then vanishes.
    When I right click on a Desk Top Icon a small window appears saying, IE has stopped working and is now restarting. After restarting, I have gained nothing, the exact same issue 
    still exists. I have reinstalled IE8 several times, with no change to the existing issue.

At present I am running a previous version of IE7, I found on my PC's hard drive. I can go online, however, I still can not right click on any icon or file without getting an error message 
    stating that IE has stopped working and is now restarting. After restarting, I have gained nothing, the exact same issue still exists. I followed all the upgrade directions, ie, my internet 
    security software (Webroot Internet Security Essentials), was disabled. Other error messages that have appeared, page loads with errors, scripting problem.

Is there a solution other than reinstalling the upgrade to Windows 7?
    • Moved by ashawani_dubey Wednesday, March 3, 2010 7:20 AM Moving from MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback Forum, please move or answer as necessary (From:MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback)
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:25 PM