none
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- RRS feed

• Question

• -----------------

Moderator Note: This post was deleted by the Original Poster after issue was resolved.
    • Edited by dump23 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:31 AM
    • Edited by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:39 PM edited Moderator Note
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:37 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately the copy of Windows 7 that is installed is Pirated & has been illegally activated using a hackers loader application.

Your BIOS information is showing as having a DELL SLIC Table & a Windows 7 Dell Ultimate OEM SLP serial. This is not right at all.

You will need to use the recovery partition to restore the system back to the original Operating System the COA license on the bottom of the laptop was licensed for. If the recovery partition is no longer there you can order a set of recovery discs from the manufacturer for a small fee to restore the system. Alternatively you can purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store or another reputable source (not eBay) and do a clean install.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Yes, I was in fact the whole time in honest belief I had a legal beta version of Windows 7 installed.

Should have known better.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:59 AM
  • And No, I will not continue to use a pirated copy.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately the copy of Windows 7 that is installed is Pirated & has been illegally activated using a hackers loader application.

Your BIOS information is showing as having a DELL SLIC Table & a Windows 7 Dell Ultimate OEM SLP serial. This is not right at all.

You will need to use the recovery partition to restore the system back to the original Operating System the COA license on the bottom of the laptop was licensed for. If the recovery partition is no longer there you can order a set of recovery discs from the manufacturer for a small fee to restore the system. Alternatively you can purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store or another reputable source (not eBay) and do a clean install.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:24 AM
  • I see what you did there OP. Don't try and remove or edit the BIOS information from your report

So you can try and attempt to fix the problem with the loader. It will still be pirated.

• Edited by tb19 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:32 AM
  • Ah OP you must be embarrassed of what I found from your MGADiag Report as you removed the whole report now.

Didn't like the truth did you ? Hehe.

• Edited by tb19 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:44 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:42 AM
  • "tb19" wrote in message news:47e5c204-7661-44e5-bba2-cb865d0d6804...

Ah OP you must be embarrassed of what I found from your MGADiag Report as you removed the whole report now.

Didn't like the truth did you ? Hehe.

Dunno why they didn’t just delete the thread :)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:51 AM
  • LOL -  OP had a Lenovo ThinkPad R400 (7443-24G) model.

• Edited by tb19 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:08 AM
  • "tb19" wrote in message news:fb1a1b50-9f9f-4d5e-a0f8-d48d016cb997...

LOL -  OP had a Lenovo ThinkPad R400 (7443-24G) model.

Ah – the one that comes with Vista Business?
    :)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:15 AM
  • That is correct. 

And I think the OP has probably realized after I posted,  what he has done wrong in the loader settings for his Pirated copy.

If it is indeed the loader variant I am thinking of & he has corrected it.

• Edited by tb19 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:23 AM
  • Yes, I was in fact the whole time in honest belief I had a legal beta version of Windows 7 installed.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:59 AM
  • And No, I will not continue to use a pirated copy.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:11 PM
  • "dump23" wrote in message news:b7292e42-63ac-4543-a2d0-0f4c2d5ed9a7...

Yes, I was in fact the whole time in honest belief I had a legal beta version of Windows 7 installed.

The Beta for Win 7 expired long ago – and you would have received numerous warnings about its expiry.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:28 PM