Forwarding E-mail from One Mailbox to CRM Queue Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently running CRM 4.0 with CRM E-mail Router and we're using Exchange 2010.  What I've done is configured a mailbox to forward to the mailbox used by one of our CRM Queues.  When I send an e-mail to this forwarded mailbox it never arrives into the CRM Queue.  This happens whether I send the e-mail internally from another company e-mail address or if I send it from an external e-mail account.

Now, if I send an e-mail internally or externally to the CRM Queue mailbox it shows up successfully in the queue.  What could be possibly wrong with this and how can I resolve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:23 PM

Answers

• If you are using server-side or client-side rules then you can configure the rule to foward it to people or public group as an attachment and specify your queue's e-mail address as the people or public group paramater.

If you are using Outlook 2010 and you just want to forward a single message as an attachment, in the Respond group, click More, and then click Forward as Attachment.

Hope this helps?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by AngelC2 Monday, April 30, 2012 6:20 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi AngelC2,

I have tried something similar but never got it working. I believe the email router relies on the TO address in the email header and since the email was forwarded from another email address, the To address will not match the Queue emaill address thus will the email will not show up on the Queue.

The possible resolutions:
    Option 1: Sent Email directly the mailbox rather than a Distribution Group or forwarding.
    Option 2: Setup a redirect rule at the Client of the orginal mailbox

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Forwarded e-mails need to be forwarded as an attachment. Most of the time when we forward an email the original email message is in the body of the forwarded email and not attached as a file. The CRM E-mail Router will only process forwarded e-mails if the original e-mail message is included as an attachment.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:23 PM
  • Eric,

Ok, I'll try the redirect and see if that works...I'll keep you posted.

Friday, April 27, 2012 1:19 PM
  • Neil,

Ok, thanks for the explanation but I'm guessing there is no way to get e-mails sent to this particular mailbox to forward or redirect to the CRM Queue as an attachment?

Friday, April 27, 2012 1:20 PM
  • If you are using server-side or client-side rules then you can configure the rule to foward it to people or public group as an attachment and specify your queue's e-mail address as the people or public group paramater.

If you are using Outlook 2010 and you just want to forward a single message as an attachment, in the Respond group, click More, and then click Forward as Attachment.

Hope this helps?

• Marked as answer by AngelC2 Monday, April 30, 2012 6:20 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Ok, sounds simple enough...I'll give that a try and see what happens.  I'll keep you posted...thanks.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Neil, that worked...I setup a rule as you described and e-mails arrive in the Queue as attachments.

Thanks!

Monday, April 30, 2012 6:20 PM
  • Woo hoo!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:46 AM