MS Money opens then closes in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using MS Money for years without issue even after upgrading to windows 10. Yesterday it started to close shortly after opening after updating to Norton 360 yesterday. I have usaed Norton for years als with no issues. I think that the update is the cause. I have uninstalled Norton but still get the same issue. Norton support claims it is not caused by their program since it was unininstalled and I still have the issue. I am not so sure. Anyone else have this problem?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:09 PM

All replies

• If using Money Sunset, apply the patch described in what is currently the first post in this forum.

I am not saying that this next thing is a likely cause or fix, but might as well try it:

I suggest you open any file you can, such as Sample.mny.
    You can do that by going to your Money install folder, right-clicking Sample.mny, and choosing Open.
    Go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings and set the (GeneralDisplay:)StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList.
    Close Money.

Then open the problem file once or twice.

Then Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplaySettings and Remove the Investment Performance module. If you still have a problem, remove everything. If the problem goes away, you can add things back until the crash does not happen. Add back in the other things you want on the home page. Let us know which was the problem module.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:19 PM
  • Norton, and any other security suite, needs its removal tool to be run before it is completely removed.

See Norton Remove and Reinstall tool

If Microsoft Money is problematic standard troubleshooting is to uninstall and reinstall Money.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:32 PM