rename the root folder in crm outlook client RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am trying to rename the Microsoft CRM root folder to the company name  ( due to company policy)

I have tried to change the name programmatically using .net code and i have tried VBA also but It doesn't work

I can rename other folders in outlook but i cannot rename the display name for CRM root folder

I have changed the name but it still show Microsoft Dynamics CRM in outlook

below is my code

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application
                olApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application();

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder
               folder =
               olApp.Session.GetFolderFromID(entryid, storeid);
    folder.Name = "ABC company"

Thanks

Marwa

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

• Attempting to change the organization name programatically would be dangerously unstable since it's referenced throughtout the application.

You may be able to create an alias for your server to serve this purpose.

Other than that - create a new organization with a name that meets the criteria and perform a data migration from your current organization to the new organization. (Long, slow and tedious process.)

Once installed, the organization name used in the URL cannot be changed.  (The display name can be changed, but that does not update the URL.)

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Seems to me that Crm 2011 does exactly what you need: shows the org name as the root in outlook 2010.

Are you using 4.0 or 2011 ?

Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:14 PM