none
Study Book recommendation for MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration Course 764 and 765?

Question

• Hey guys,

I've been looking around amazon and other sources, i can't find study books for  MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration, any recommendations?

Thank you,

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:32 AM

Answers

• I haven't seen any books published yet that are specific to SQL 2016 MCSA. The exams just came out of beta this month, I believe.

For now, you will probably need to rely on SQL 2012/2014 published material and watch for any new releases in the coming weeks/months.

Keep you eye on this site:

MCSA SQL Server 2016

[Please mark as answer if this post helped you]

Hope this helps.

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have the same question. It seems that although the beta period was opened about three months ago (as this post was written), any study materials still no exist. I'm planning to take 70-764 exam on January 31 (because the beta period was extended and I have the promo code) and I'll use a combination of a 762 exam guide (SQL 2012) and a new book, "Introducing MS SQL Server 2016", which covers new features of SQL 2016. Also I have a 20762 MS course record (it was about SQL 2014). I think this is not enough. If you've already found any incredible wonderful  SQL 2016 book or any other fine prep material - please, let me know.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:51 PM
  • I haven't seen any books published yet that are specific to SQL 2016 MCSA. The exams just came out of beta this month, I believe.

For now, you will probably need to rely on SQL 2012/2014 published material and watch for any new releases in the coming weeks/months.

Keep you eye on this site:

MCSA SQL Server 2016

[Please mark as answer if this post helped you]

Hope this helps.

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Anyone passed this exam recently? Any preparation material? If anyone want to exchange materials with me please contact me on ivicamilanovic@yahoo.com (Subject - 765).
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Yes I did pass the beta

study guides for previous SQL admin exams + docs.microsoft.com + msdn

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:05 AM