CRM 4.0 laptop client - SQL$CRM instance not installing RRS feed

• Question

• I had the CRM3.0 laptop client with offline access on my laptop - XP Pro SP2. I need to get the CRM4.0 laptop client with offline access installed.

What I have done so far: (1.) stopped all relevant services, removed CRM client and SQL via add/remove progs. (2.) removed all related files left afte rthe uninstall completed successfully and (3.) removed all related registry entries.

At this stage I can easily install (and remove) SQL server Express 2005, before or after trying the CRM client install.

However, when I run the CRM4.0 client install it genereates the following error during the SQL Express (CRM ) installation:  "the system can not find the file specified" and it does not allow you any further.

When I open SQL Server Management Studio Express, after installing SQL Express without CRM, I can still see the CRM instance but can not connect (all the files have been deleted). to it. I also still have the SQL Server (CRM) service installed, although it can not be started and been disabled.

Any advise or assistance? It would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 9:41 PM

Answers

• I did the following to remove the problem:

the error in the SQLSetup0011_MACHINE_SQL.log:

<Func Name='CheckInstanceHWProfile'>

Service MSSQL$CRM is diabled for the currect hardware profile.

The service for SQL Server must be installed with the enabled hardware profile.

If the following registry key is set to 1, the hardware profile for the service is disabled.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\LEGACY_<ServiceName>\0000

"CSConfigFlags"=dword:00000001

Remove the registry key to fix this problem.

Error Code: 0x80076dd0 (28112)

Windows Error Text:   Source File Name: sqlca\sqlsccca.cpp

Compiler Timestamp: Wed Jun 14 16:27:11 2006

Function Name: CheckInstanceHWProfile

Source Line Number: 53

Error Code: 28112

MSI (s) (34!88) [13:35:48:757]: Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition -- Error 28112. Setup failed because Service MSSQL$CRM is disabled for the current hardware profile. Services must be set with the current Hardware Profile logon property profile enabled. For more information on how to enable the hardware profile logon property refer to the product documentation.

Error 28112. Setup failed because Service MSSQL$CRM is disabled for the current hardware profile. Services must be set with the current Hardware Profile logon property profile enabled. For more information on how to enable the hardware profile logon property refer to the product documentation.

<Failure Type='Fatal' Error='28112'>

<EndFunc Name='LaunchFunction' Return='28112' GetLastError='2'>

Action ended 13:35:48: CheckHWProfile.D20239D7_E87C_40C9_9837_E70B8D4882C2. Return value 3.

Action ended 13:35:48: INSTALL. Return value 3.

->removed the LEGACY_MSSQL$CRM

And thereafter, the MS CRM Client (with offline access) and its SQLExp installed without any problems.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:18 PM

All replies

• I did the following to remove the problem:

the error in the SQLSetup0011_MACHINE_SQL.log:

<Func Name='CheckInstanceHWProfile'>

Service MSSQL$CRM is diabled for the currect hardware profile.

The service for SQL Server must be installed with the enabled hardware profile.

If the following registry key is set to 1, the hardware profile for the service is disabled.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\LEGACY_<ServiceName>\0000

"CSConfigFlags"=dword:00000001

Remove the registry key to fix this problem.

Error Code: 0x80076dd0 (28112)

Windows Error Text:   Source File Name: sqlca\sqlsccca.cpp

Compiler Timestamp: Wed Jun 14 16:27:11 2006

Function Name: CheckInstanceHWProfile

Source Line Number: 53

Error Code: 28112

MSI (s) (34!88) [13:35:48:757]: Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition -- Error 28112. Setup failed because Service MSSQL$CRM is disabled for the current hardware profile. Services must be set with the current Hardware Profile logon property profile enabled. For more information on how to enable the hardware profile logon property refer to the product documentation.

Error 28112. Setup failed because Service MSSQL$CRM is disabled for the current hardware profile. Services must be set with the current Hardware Profile logon property profile enabled. For more information on how to enable the hardware profile logon property refer to the product documentation.

<Failure Type='Fatal' Error='28112'>

<EndFunc Name='LaunchFunction' Return='28112' GetLastError='2'>

Action ended 13:35:48: CheckHWProfile.D20239D7_E87C_40C9_9837_E70B8D4882C2. Return value 3.

Action ended 13:35:48: INSTALL. Return value 3.

->removed the LEGACY_MSSQL$CRM

And thereafter, the MS CRM Client (with offline access) and its SQLExp installed without any problems.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:18 PM