none
An internal error occurred during: "Connecting to Team Foundation Server" to eclipse RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed "Team Explorer Everywhere" in eclipse and restarted eclipse, but I'm getting following error.

Connecting to Team Foundation Server has encounter a problem

An internal error occurred during: "Connecting to Team Foundation Server".
    com/microsoft/tfs/client/eclipse/util/TeamUtils

Please help me to fix the issue....

Friday, December 13, 2019 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Rad267,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Do you follow this official document Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere for Eclipse(Azure DevOps Services and TFS) to install “Team Explorer Everywhere” in eclipse?

You could follow this document Connect to Azure DevOps Services(include TFS) to use Team Explorer Everywhere and also check if you have connected to TFS with the corresponding steps.

BTW, since TFS forum has been moved to Developer Community, if this issue persists, I suggest you could report to Developer Community or Stack Overflow tagged tfs to get a more professional help.

Hope all above could help you.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Even I followed this link --> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/java/download-eclipse-plug-in?view=azure-devops to install and when I restart, I got below error,

An internal error occurred during: "Connecting to Team Foundation Server".
    com/microsoft/tfs/client/eclipse/util/TeamUtils

However, When I went to Window > Show View > Other > Team Foundation Server > Team Explorer > Open : I get below error message

Plug-in "com.microsoft.tfs.client.common.ui" was unable to instantiate class "com.microsoft.tfs.client.common.ui.views.TeamExplorerView".

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.microsoft.tfs.client.common.ui" was unable to instantiate class "com.microsoft.tfs.client.common.ui.views.TeamExplorerView".
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:212)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:206)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:934)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:246)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.ViewDescriptor.createView(ViewDescriptor.java:61)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:103)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPart(CompatibilityPart.java:300)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:338)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:1001)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:966)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalInject(InjectorImpl.java:139)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:411)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:333)
        at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:202)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:91)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:60)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:42)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:132)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:1015)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:675)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$1.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:560)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:544)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ElementReferenceRenderer.createWidget(ElementReferenceRenderer.java:73)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:1015)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:675)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:781)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$0(PartRenderingEngine.java:752)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$2.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:746)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:730)

Please help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

• Edited by Simply Sai Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:05 PM Added error log
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:04 PM