Get all user/team with whoom an object (a record in an Custom Entity) is shared with in MS CRM 20115 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Working in MSCRM 2015.We have an Custom entity Called "Projects".There are serveral records in that Entity which are shared with all different users.I need to display all the users with whom the record is shared on the form .

Please help in achieving this feature

Sunday, November 27, 2016 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can retrieve records using PrincipalObjectAccess records. You can check this report as an example - http://sharingsummary2011.codeplex.com/releases/view/92366

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Sunday, November 27, 2016 3:23 PM
  • Hi Andrii

The above output is a report .I need to again display report on the form.

I need something as a C# code or JavaScript.

Thanks and regards

R Prashanth

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:37 AM
  • You can download report, take fetchxml from it and use it for building of Html/JS webresource that will display data you want to see. Good luck.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Hi Andrii

That was throwing some errors.

Is there any other way where i achieve this  functionality.Like Plugins or crm sdk.soap.js

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Yes. You will have to fetch data using CRM endpoints but to understand the data model behind it will be really easier to check my report.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:54 PM
  • I am trying to Use your Report.

It is Throwing some errors.

Is there any step by step guide.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:17 PM
  • I'm sorry but I don't have an access to your environment to see what "some errors" are thrown.

What kind of step by step guide are you looking for? If you are looking for step by step instructions how to resolve exactly yours task I'm afraid you will not find it. To implement your scenario you will have to check following:

1. How to develop webresources for Dynamics CRM.

2. How to query data from CRM using endpoints.

Combining 2 previous articles you can build what you need. Good luck!

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:39 PM
  • Hi Andree

Thanks for your Answer.

For the Second Part i was trying to build and endpoint on PrincipalObjectAccess.

Can it be done.?CRM Rest Builder is not working to fetch data from PrincipalObjectAccess.

Here it show it works only on server side .

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328576(v=crm.7).aspx.

Friday, December 2, 2016 12:18 PM
  • If something doesn't work with OData endpoint then it will work with Soap endpoint. In your particular case you will have to fetch data using FetchXml query (that's why I suggested to check my report because it already contains query you can use). Good luck.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog

Friday, December 2, 2016 12:36 PM