none
I Cannot log into windows vista, not even in safe mode. RRS feed

• Question

• A couple of days ago I typed "temp" into the start searchbox. Then I opened the folder listed under programs and deleted everything in there. When it was deleting a pop up said I needed administration permission to delete and I allowed it to delete. After that I turned off my computer, but the next day it would not turn on. When I let it turn on normally it says : "windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause..." it gives me the option of selecting launch start up repair or start windows normally. if i select either it just restarts the whole page.

So then i tried pressing F8 so i can log into safe mode and it takes me right back to the "windows failed to start. a recent..."

I have a gateway model ML6721
    and i have windows vista home edition

also i bought it open box at Circuit city and it did not come with an instillation disk.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:34 PM

Answers

• Hello erika0630,

This forum is for the support of Windows Validation (non-genuine) issues.  I recommend posting in one of the Windows Vista Answers Forum at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Please Note: all computers that come with Windows Pre-installed are required to include some way to reinstall/restore Windows.  To save money, most manufacturers no longer inclide a disk, but instead, have the Reinstall/restore software on a hidden partition on the computer's hard drive.  Please see the documentation that came with your computer (or contact the computer's manufacturer) for details
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:32 PM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:32 PM