More issues arise RRS feed

• Question

• OK so I go hom e last night and do a 'new installation' for WHS (because my first one I messed around trying to get a few things to work and I wanted to have the production one as clean as possible) Everything installed fine, I installed my network drivers, created an account accessed the Console and set up a share, downloaded and installed Whiist and Avast WHS edition and then updated. However after the restart from updating the console would not connect from remote machines. I could use the console on the server but when I went into settings to make sure everything was cool there, my router config was gone, I also noticed that it was not doing the 'auto' check it did before Avast, Whiist and updates. SO said to heck with it and decided to do another install. Now there seems to be a "setup is initializing" loop going on. Seems like before I would see this go thru two cycles and then the install would start. I took the drive out last night and polaced it in an enclosure and formatted NTFS. So I guess what my question is is has anyone else had issues with any of these things? I dont think it was Whiist as I was able to get to that part of the console and change the default picture, I did notice that when I clicked on the Avast tab that the console seemed to hang for a second and then crash.
    Also, I am not sure why I am having so many issues trying to install again with a formatted drive, any ideas or suggestions on this? I may just end up installing xp on the drive and then doing the WHS install if I cant figure something else out. Any idea or help would be great, I am really excited about this product but I have to have antivirus and will need updates so I am not sure were the issue lies......
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 1:17 PM

All replies

• OK so I go hom e last night and do a 'new installation' for WHS (because my first one I messed around trying to get a few things to work and I wanted to have the production one as clean as possible) Everything installed fine, I installed my network drivers, created an account accessed the Console and set up a share, downloaded and installed Whiist and Avast WHS edition and then updated. However after the restart from updating the console would not connect from remote machines. I could use the console on the server but when I went into settings to make sure everything was cool there, my router config was gone, I also noticed that it was not doing the 'auto' check it did before Avast, Whiist and updates. SO said to heck with it and decided to do another install. Now there seems to be a "setup is initializing" loop going on. Seems like before I would see this go thru two cycles and then the install would start. I took the drive out last night and polaced it in an enclosure and formatted NTFS. So I guess what my question is is has anyone else had issues with any of these things? I dont think it was Whiist as I was able to get to that part of the console and change the default picture, I did notice that when I clicked on the Avast tab that the console seemed to hang for a second and then crash.
    Also, I am not sure why I am having so many issues trying to install again with a formatted drive, any ideas or suggestions on this? I may just end up installing xp on the drive and then doing the WHS install if I cant figure something else out. Any idea or help would be great, I am really excited about this product but I have to have antivirus and will need updates so I am not sure were the issue lies......

To clarify:  Are you currently able to do a New Installation on that drive?  If so, I would do that, then run all updates through the Console (do not install any apps or add-ins at this point).  Keep running updates until it says there are none left.  (How are you installing the updates?  Through the Console or through the server desktop?)
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:31 AM
  • When I had the issue, I ran them thru the console. are there any updates that have been known to cause issues? I was able to to a new install and have the server up and running. I am going to run updates over the weekend that way I have time to reinstall if it comes to that. I think that I am going to do the installs one by one to try to find the issue. I will update on Monday.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 3:42 PM