none
Using O365 or SSO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me, so I have an app that connects to analysis services via https.

IIS is currently set to allow basic authentication as the end users are on a different domain, although each user has a login.

Currently the user has to input their username and password which is the passed to the server for authentication. Can you tell me if it's possible to use the O365 credentials?

I know I can check authentication via the 0365 API but I am not sure how I would the pass this to the server for authentication.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:39 PM

All replies

• You can refer to instructions in their Wiki here.

If your users are created in normal AD then backed by AAD, this will work for you. For accounts directly created in AAD, the Integrated Windows Authentication will not work.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:33 AM
  • Hi JoeyStyles,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to office 365, I suggest that you could post it in the Office 365 for Developers forum.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Actually this question is more appropiate at Azure Active Directory forum.

That forum has a link to something interesting that you should take a look.

• Edited by cheong00 Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:01 AM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:45 AM