Deleted default folders in Software share on MediaSmart EX470 (PP2) RRS feed

• Question

• I accidentally deleted the two default folders on the "Software" share.  I know one of the folders contained the connect software for WHS back ups etc.  Apparently On HP Mediasmart Server previous version is disabled by default, so the one "Hack" that I found won't work. I've tried using a "Deleted file recovery" program to no avail.  So what are my options here and do I really need those folders?  Could someone with a mediasmart server zip those files up and send then to me?  Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:18 PM

All replies

• See this FAQ, regarding the same issue. It will restore the connector installation folder.

As for the additional HP components, it may be possible to reinstall them as well. You might want to contact HP directly regarding this. Worst case would be a server recovery (not a factory reset), which will require you to recreate users and re-join computers, plus re-run updates until your server is restored to the current patch level. For a server recovery, you should locate your original connector CD, as you'll need to use it to complete the "out of box experience" again.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:29 PM