none
How do I Replace Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7 64-bit

Question

• When I Turn off Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Features - Windows 7 64-bit - after rebooting I am left without any version of Internet Explorer. I have downloaded the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 8 but it will not install! I do not want Internet Explorer 9 as it is not compatible with some of my programs, how do i install another version of Internet Explorer? 
    rugbyfiend
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:09 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 3:41 PM

Answers

• "rugbyfiend" wrote in message news:5602b54d-dfbd-4865-bcf2-bb26e810d8fd...
    When I Turn off Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Features - Windows 7 64-bit - after rebooting I am left without any version of Internet Explorer. I have downloaded the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 8 but it will not install! I do not want Internet Explorer 9 as it is not compatible with some of my programs, how do i install another version of Internet Explorer? 
    rugbyfiend

You need to UNINSTALL it  - not switch it off.
    It’s an installed program, and will leave IE8 behind when uninstalled – go to Program & Features, Uninstall a Program.
    Find Internet Explorer 9 in the listing, and uninstall it from there – you will need to re-enable IE in the Windows Features options as well.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by rugbyfiend Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:50 PM