Authenticating a 3rd party app to CRM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

Please can you point me to any resources that could help me with this scenario.  In particular I'm looking for a log-in solution.

Background

• I have a mobile app that needs to allow the user to interact with their CRM Contact record.  Create and Update functions.
    • The mobile app will be used by multiple contacts, each one will only be able to see their own contact record.
    • The mobile app is written in HTML5 (Intel XDK) and will run on IOS or Android phones.
    • The mobile app user must enter a user name and password to gain access to their CRM contact record
    • The target CRM platform is 2016 on-Premise (but will move to Microsoft hosted online within 6-9 months)

Requirement

• user enters username and password on the mobile app
    • User must be able to self manage the password (i.e. send password reset to their registered email address)
    • The application must be able to authenticate user against a single contact record in the CRM system

I'm looking for the simplest AND secure way to achieve this.  For on-premise assume that an ADFS server is available.  Please can you point me to any ready made plug-ins or solutions, or any articles I can refer to (C# .net, CRM Web Services  and JavaScript) that will help me achieve this.  I Will be happy to pay a fee if you already have an elegant solution I can quickly integrate.

Many thanks

Alan

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:14 AM