Random Files being deleted? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just started to try out Live Mesh.  I've got one big problem I can't seem to figure out.  I'll specify a directory on a vista machine (if it matters) to be synced  go to another computer (an xp machine) and tell it to sync with that folder, the sync process starts.  Every once in awhile I'll get a message that X file has been deleted.  I haven't touched the folder at all. I'll find it in the recycle bin.  Restore it ... only to have it deleted again a few minutes later.  Is there a known reason why live mesh would delete random files?

Jeff

Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:00 AM

All replies

• Live Mesh should not be deleting any files except in response to a deletion on another device in the Mesh - thereby keeping the folders in sync.
    We've seen this happen if the folder is also being synchronized with another product. If two programs are trying to keep the same folder in sync using differnt methodology, the conflicts can cause the behavior you are seeing. If this isn't the case and files are indeed randomly being deleted, please file a bug report with logs from all of the machines in your Mesh:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you probably won't get a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:10 AM