How to Insert Live Map from My Collections into Live Writer

• I'm new to Live Writer and wanted to insert a map that I've created in Live Maps into my blog.  I can easily create a new map when I click on Insert Maps, but not a saved map.  From My Collections in Live Maps I have tried clicking on the link provided when I select Share, but that just creates a link on my blog, not an image with a link which is what I want displayed.  I tried copying and pasting that "Share" link, using copy and paste special w/ HTML, and even tried copying as the url for Insert Image from Web (that just gave me an 'unable to preview error".  But I can't get the map to show as an image with a link to the map to enlarge and move around (like you can do when you use Insert Map).

Does anyone know how to do this?  Thanks
    My Live Writer Version 2008 (12.0.1370.325)en
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:02 PM

All replies

• I don't think there is a way to do it from inside Windows Live Writer.  Can you share the link/html that Live Maps gives you to share the map so I can see if there is some kind of work around to get the map into your post?
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Thanks for checking into this.  The link I'm given is!119&encType=1

It would be a really nice feature (for me) to be able to Insert Saved Maps just as easily as you can Insert Maps.  I can see a need for me to create different sets of maps that I would add on to over time to share again and again on my blog.  I thought using Live Maps would be more compatible (with Live Writer) than using Google Maps.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:14 PM