can we integrate ocs front end server residing at remoteplaces RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there any way where we can integrate ocs front end server residing at remoteplaces.
    Here is the plan ..

I want to implement communications between two OCS front end server. One server will reside at Indian office, the other one will be at some where USA.. Now I want to make a bridge b/w these two OCS frontend server so that the users of India will directly login at Indian OCS front end server and the other users will login into their repective OCS boxes. Is there any way we can achieve above requirement. what are required hardware and software setup I have to follow inorder to achieve above requirement.

Thanks,
    Agni
    Friday, February 15, 2008 12:19 PM

All replies

• You'll need to install 2 separate OCS systems (either standard or enterprise edition) and use DNS, GPO, or one or more Director servers to direct users to the proper OCS server.  As long as everything is in the same forest you should have seamless communication between the 2 OCS systems.

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:51 PM
  • HI Mike,
    Thx for the replay.

But I want to place my OCS servers in different forest. Can you guide me in that please..

Thanks,
    Agni.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:21 PM
  • I don't think it is possible to do what you are trying to do.  You would have to either:

a.) setup a resource forest to house OCS and establish trusts with your existing forests (blah)

or

b.) setup two separate OCS instances - one in each forest - and federate the two forests together. 
    Friday, February 22, 2008 6:55 PM