none
70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently reading for 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
    After I pass this exam what have I earned( I mean what can I write in my resume if I only finish this?)
    can i write MCSA in my resume If i only finish 70-461or ?!!

when i visited the microsoft website they said in order to get MCSA in SQL SERVER you need to write three exams which are
    *) 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012

*)70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases

*) 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.

Can you guys explain?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Dinesh,

Passing the 70-461 exam will demonstrate to potential employers that you can write SQL queries to create database objects, work with data and optimize queries for SQL Server. Many of the skills you learn will also apply to other database platforms including Oracle and DB2.

SQL skills do not directly apply to programming languages/platforms like C# and Java but both of these languages can use SQL to interact with data in databases.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Proposed as answer by Chuck Pedretti Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by noob9 Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Once you pass 461, you can say that you are working towards the MCSA certification and have successfully passed the Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 exam.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful button if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:32 AM
  • Thanks sean,

And I want to show proficiency in SQL(like querying manipulating sql) will 70-461 do the job?
    I dont want to show that I am expert at database , but to show that I have got the basic skills that is required in platforms such as J2EE, C#

Dinesh.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Hi Dinesh,

Passing the 70-461 exam will demonstrate to potential employers that you can write SQL queries to create database objects, work with data and optimize queries for SQL Server. Many of the skills you learn will also apply to other database platforms including Oracle and DB2.

SQL skills do not directly apply to programming languages/platforms like C# and Java but both of these languages can use SQL to interact with data in databases.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Proposed as answer by Chuck Pedretti Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by noob9 Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your outputs.

Dinesh.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:48 PM