WHS interaction with Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running WHS on a home network that was served by server 2003, I had installed the connect software on the 2003 server and was using WHS to back it up,
    I recently upgraded to server 2008 R2 it has been running perfect for the past month, I then installed the connect software on the 2008 server, it installed with no problems, however it would not see my data Drives ( raid 0 PCI controller with 2 400Gb HDs ) only my onboard IDE system drive.  I uninstalled the WHS software from the 2008 server however I can no longer see the data drives, if I uninstall the controller then reinstall it the drives appear and are accesable for about 1 minute then they unmount and are no longer available. Can anyone shed some light on how to get back my data drives, and is WHS compatable with my 2008 setup.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:42 PM

All replies

• You may be able to back up other Windows Server machines, but Windows Home Server is not designed to do so, and so such use is unsupported.

As for your issue with your RAID controller, you would be better off asking the manufacturer of your HBA, or in the Windows Server forums. It sounds like whatever issue you're having now was already in place when you installed the connector; it merely manifested at that time.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:39 PM