Microsoft Visual Basic RRS feed

• Question

• Run- time error '3251':

Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype.

Ashwin

• Moved by Mike Feng Monday, May 20, 2013 9:17 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 1:31 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you are using VB6, not VB.NET then go here for options. If you are using VB.NET can you please be more specific i.e. what classes are you using.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Friday, May 17, 2013 3:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:52 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you are using VB6, not VB.NET then go here for options. If you are using VB.NET can you please be more specific i.e. what classes are you using.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Friday, May 17, 2013 3:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:52 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 1:41 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I am using vb6 and have located the 'Visual Basic 6.0 Resource Centre'. However, I cannot find any option to post a query and finding my question on the page will be difficult as the error might vary in every aspect.

PS- How do you know I am using VB6?

Ashwin

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:07 PM
  • Hello,

There is no "selected locktype" in the Framework classes for native data providers or BindingSource components.

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Yes, I am using vb6 and have located the 'Visual Basic 6.0 Resource Centre'. However, I cannot find any option to post a query and finding my question on the page will be difficult as the error might vary in every aspect.

If you follow the link that Kevin posted and scroll down a little, you will see links to two sites that still have a forum for VB6 questions (VB Forums and VB City).
    • Marked as answer by Ashwin0 Friday, May 17, 2013 2:33 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ashwin0 Friday, May 17, 2013 3:05 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Oh, lol, that was a lame question asked by me.

Ashwin

Friday, May 17, 2013 3:06 PM