Insert subgrid in Main form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

How can we insert subgrid in Main form where all  the records of that entity are displayed.

There is a subgrid in record creation form.I want to access the same subgrid details in main form.

When the record in the main form is clicked then,the information present in the record subgrid  should be displayed in Main form subgrid.

The Main Question here is how to insert the subgrid in Main form.

Thanks & Regards

Mrpathan.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this is what I understood that you meant. So please recheck my previous response. This is not supported.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

• Marked as answer by mrpathan Friday, October 19, 2012 7:22 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid there is no supported way to do this and I wouldn't know of a way to achieve this, even in an unsupported way.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:21 AM
  • Not sure if I understand your question clearly, do you want to display a grid view to see all the records of the same entity ??

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:39 AM
  • Hi Pathan,

Can you show the screenshot of the form for better understanding of your questions.

Regards,

Yusuf

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Mohammad Yusuf Ansari http://microxrm.blogspot.in

Friday, October 19, 2012 5:19 AM
  • Hi mahender,

We can insert subgrid in the form.

But i Want to insert subgrid in Main form. That is

When I click on one of the  records above this sub grid, that is select the record using the  check box present there,then the  subgrid should display the details present in that record subgrid.

Regards,

Mrpathan

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

can you please reupload the image? I can't view it.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:21 AM
  • Friday, October 19, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

this is what I understood that you meant. So please recheck my previous response. This is not supported.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

• Marked as answer by mrpathan Friday, October 19, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Hi

the short ansert is - This is not possible.

I would create a custom aspx site containing the two grids, and show this page instead.

--- Best regards Henrik Skydtsgaard

• you can not achieve this using OOB functionalitym but you can surely you should be able to create a custom aspx/silverlight web resource to implement this requirement.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:30 AM