Building custom UI for MS CRM RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want to build a custom UI for MS CRM. I am planning to do this completely using javascript. I should be able to support all authentication mechanism.

how hard it is to build this just using JS? any pointer around building custom UI are of great help.

Thanks,

Raja

Thanks,
    Raja Ramesh Varma
    http://my-devils-workshop.blogspot.com

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:14 AM

All replies

• Yikes...that's like saying 'I want to re-invent the wheel, how hard would that be?'  :)

I've never done anything completely in JS, but I have built some simple user interfaces using C#/ASP.NET and the CRM SDK, which does all the heavy lifting for you, including authentication.  I know you can add your own JS into those web sites for the UI, but at least the authentication and queries could be done with the SDK.

Friday, November 9, 2012 3:23 PM
  • But the idea is appealing (I mean I want to do it, too, just don't think I can in a reasonable time:) Should it be an open source code project?). Considering that most of the times UI is where users really notice the difference (all the heavy lifting on the server is hidden from them anyways), it might help to have more flexibility/choice on the client side

Alex Shlega, GotchaHunter.Net

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:41 PM