how to set multiple locations on bing maps using zip/postal code of country/state/city in silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,

please tell me ,"how to set multiple locations on bing maps using zip/postal code of country/state/city in silverlight?".please reply me ASAP..

Friday, August 10, 2012 4:28 AM

All replies

• hi everyone,

how to get longitude or lattitude of region  on the basis of zipcode in silverlight bing map control?

Friday, August 10, 2012 4:29 AM
  • You should look at the Bing Maps Platform - Silverlight Map Control Interactive SDK

I would expect you need to Geocode your address.

And then add the push pins.

Jason Lattimer

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:16 AM
  • You should look at the Bing Maps Platform - Silverlight Map Control Interactive SDK - Geocode tutorial

Jason Lattimer

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:18 AM
  • I already tried it using long/lat parameters ..but how can it be possible using zip code as a parameter??
    Friday, August 10, 2012 5:19 AM
  • I think it requires a latitude and longitude - so a zip code (or any address) would need to be geocoded first. 

Jason Lattimer

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:30 AM
  • How can i ??....can  you please provide source code?
    Friday, August 10, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Look at this link and on the source code tab there is a full working example of using the Bing Maps Geocode service.

Jason Lattimer

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:51 AM
  • hey i have tried this ,but its generating error on "Microsoft.Maps.MapControl.PlatformServices.Address address" and "Microsoft.Maps.MapControl.PlatformServices.GeocodeResult result"..what can be its solution?

I have even added "Microsoft.Maps.MapControl.PlatformServices" in project.what to do?

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:58 AM