Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) for WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I use Vista and it has a very nice facility to do a Network Map which will currently show items such as Routers, Vista Computers, XBOX360s and Windows XP Machines with the LLTD software installed.

There does not appear to be a driver for a Windows 2003 server i.e. the core parts of Windows Home Server and I think this should be added for support purposes so you can see a network including the Windows Home Server.

Friday, March 2, 2007 7:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is was actually brought up during the beta for Server 2k3 SP2(which WHS is based off of) and the Server 2k3 team stated that there were no current plans to add that functionality to SP2 as it is outside the scope of a servicing release. So unless the WHS team has plans to add this specific functionality, it will probably be a while before it gets backported to 2k3 if it ever does.
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 5:49 AM
  • I too would like to see LLTD support.
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 6:13 AM
  • I agree. I think that this should be one of the enhancements added into the WHS build, especially as it would appear to be little more than changing the installer and testing of the XP protocol add-on (given the many posted workarounds).
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 9:17 AM
  •  

There is a hack to install it at this link. I have used it and it works fine.

http://www.homeserverhacks.com/search/label/software
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:56 AM
  • Has anyone gotten this hack to work recently?
    The installer (update.exe) doesn't seem to run after I set compatibility mode.
    Monday, June 16, 2008 7:54 PM
  • I installed it a few days ago and a friend of mine installed it last night with no problem. Its important that you do not close the error message until you are completely done.

Monday, June 16, 2008 8:18 PM