none
Deploy compute node failed when using a custom system image! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have followed the steps described in the article "How to Capture a “Master” Compute Node Image Using Node Templates " to deploy a cluster with the customed system image.

When I performed the last step "Deploy new nodes using the master image " , everything seemed ok at the begin following the steps defined in the "Deploy Captured Image.xml " to deploy a new compute node.

The target compute node has booted with the customed system image, and I can login in the system by hand and found the customed image is successfully applied on this node.
    (the customed image has included some applicaitons, and all these applications added to the image can run successfully on the new node).

But in the cluster manager on the head node, the provision procedure stopped at the "WindowsSetup " step,  and it can not start the next step which is going to  add the compute node to the domain.

Has anyone seen this before? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Chu Qiu
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Chu
    What do you see in the provisioning log for this node? If you pivot to operations for the node do you see any useful error messages in the operations log?
    Also, anything interesting in the windows event logs on the deployed node?
    Cheers
    Dan
    Friday, August 28, 2009 8:45 AM