The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted) Error Details: Insufficient privilege to run the report (CRM 2011) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting the "The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted) Error Details: Insufficient privilege to run the report" error while running the default report in CRM 2011. However application is allowing me to create a report by Report Wizrad but while running the same created report I am getting the above mentioned error.

I checked ReportingGroup and SQLAccessGroup in Active Directory .. all are set correctly as expected by Installation Guide.

CRM Server and SQL Server in same box.

How can we overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Bhaskar.

Friday, October 22, 2010 6:16 AM

Answers

• Hi, I have solved that problem. In my case it was that the Reporting Services service user wasn't a member o groups PrivUserGroup and PrivReportingGoup in Active Directory. After adding him to that groups the reports started working. If you want to know what is your Reporting Services service user, go to the Reporting Services Console and check that page:

Regards

Bartosz

rypki
    Monday, August 22, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Please refer the below mentioned link where I have mentioned that how I came out from this error.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm2011beta/thread/b433a645-ae09-40f2-86f4-7e16dd581762

Regards, Bhaskar
    • Marked as answer by MSCRM15 Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:45 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 7:02 AM

All replies

• You can check

1. SecurityRoles for Report entity in CRM

2. CRM org and config Databases previlages for Networkservice account

Friday, October 22, 2010 12:10 PM
  • Thanks Ragers.

1> Security roles are set.

2> Network Services given for both the databases.

But still getting the same error. Not sure how I'll come out from this error !!

Monday, October 25, 2010 5:40 AM
  • i have exactly the same failure.....no solution till yet?

Regards

Marcel

Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:10 AM
  • Please refer the below mentioned link where I have mentioned that how I came out from this error.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm2011beta/thread/b433a645-ae09-40f2-86f4-7e16dd581762

Regards, Bhaskar
    • Marked as answer by MSCRM15 Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:45 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 7:02 AM
  • Although your environment may not require it, try installing the SSRS Data connector and see if that resolves your issue.  Also, ensure you install the correct update rollup for the SSRS Data Connector to match the Rollup you have on your CRM server.

Regards, Donna

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:22 PM
  • Is it possible to re-post this link as it is returning a "Not Authorised" when trying to browse to it

Thanks

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:53 AM

Regards, Bhaskar

This link is returning a "Not authorized" message.

Pat B
    Friday, April 8, 2011 2:44 PM
  • This error happens to me with some out-of-the-box reports. But only when I select a bunch of records and choose to run the report based on the selection. If I run the report for all the records, then the error doesn't occur.

This is particularly the case with my Sales Pipeline report (for Opportunities).

Reading the release notes for Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 1, I found the following point:

• When you try to render out-of-box reports, you receive the following error message:

Invalid Argument.

This "Invalid Argument" message is what I get after I click on Try Again when I get the first error The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)

After installing the Rollup, it fixed this error for me :)

• Proposed as answer by pmdci Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:29 PM
  • Hi I have resolved this issue at my deployment :)

We had problems from upgrading crm 4.0 to crm 2011. Report's reported invalid argument and the report cannot be displayed. 

When I looked in Reporting services log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Log showed error:

e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Immediate caller EXTREME\sql_admin has insufficient privilege to run report as user S-1-5-21-289027908-3579638067-1467573156-2689.

I resloved this by going to Report Services Configuration Manager, and in the section Execution Account was sql_admin the user that doesent have prevelegy's. I have dechecked sepecifided execution account and problem was resolved.

I Hope this will help!

Kind regards

Monday, May 9, 2011 1:43 PM
  • hey pmdci,

i am getting the same error as you did. Where did you install Rollup from? And what is it??

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:07 AM
  • hey pmdci,

i am getting the same error as you did. Where did you install Rollup from? And what is it??

Hi

The rollups are the periodical updates that Microsoft releases for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. You must download it from www.microsoft.com/downloads. Search for "Dynamics CRM 2011 update"

Regards,

Pedro

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:32 AM
  • Hi, I have solved that problem. In my case it was that the Reporting Services service user wasn't a member o groups PrivUserGroup and PrivReportingGoup in Active Directory. After adding him to that groups the reports started working. If you want to know what is your Reporting Services service user, go to the Reporting Services Console and check that page:

Regards

Bartosz

rypki
    Monday, August 22, 2011 1:28 PM
  • I am not authorized to view your thread :(.

rypki
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:42 AM
  • Hello,

I have the very same problem, but what about an Online deployment of the solution?

My problem occurs on a custom report in SSRS. It works for some period of time (time parameter) but fails to render the report at a certain point (the day before today!).

Impossible to install the last roll out before the Microsoft.

Thank you in advance for your help

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:34 AM
  • Hey, it really works for me... But does it work perfectly if it runs not in the localhost?
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:44 AM

Regards

Bartosz

rypki

I have the same issue and resovled by the post, thanks a lot.

I think it miss a R.

PrivUserGroup and PrivReportingGroup 

Best Regards,
    nicofer

Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:31 AM