Live Mesh has encountered invalid configuration settings during initialization RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the new mobile client yesterday (0.9.4014.2) and now today I am getting the following error on launch...

"Live Mesh has encountered invalid configuration settings during initialization.  You may experience unexpected errors while using Live Mesh."

Everything seems to work fine when I click OK.

1. Anybody else getting this?
    2. How do I go about diagnosing this problem and fixing it?  If it's just a bad value in a config file, I'd prefer to fix that than reinstall the client since it takes so long to resync everything after losing settings.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• There was another report on that yesterday here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/f8682e40-4a3f-46d4-bacb-135c65c60dbd

cymersa filed a bug report on it.
    you can vote/validate on that report or file a new one:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

I don't know if there is a solution to the error, but providing logs with a bug report should help the Live Mesh team isolate the cause.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:47 PM
  • I'm not sure mine is exactly the same bug.  The only thing I found about "invalid configuration settings" at the bug report site mentioned something about outlook being in the mesh (huh?) and the client being installed on the storage card.  Should I submit a new bug or add a comment?
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:29 PM
  • Go for a new bug. The Outlook folder in that report may be a red herring. The issue you reported with the config message is the same and I can confirm that I'm seeing it, too. Did you install to the Storage Card or main memory?
    -steve
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Main memory.  It wiped my previous settings during the upgrade, so I had to resync all the folders, which took most of the day.  It worked great all day while I was doing that.

It was this AM when I started it up for the first time that I got the message.

I'll submit the bug, but I'd like to also dig into this myself a little further... Where are the settings stored that I can check to see what might be different between a vanilla install and my current one?  Maybe I can find the parameter that's causing problems.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:06 PM
  • I have filed a bug report for the same issue. FeedbackID 437233. I have submitted the logs from the device as well. I am running Win Mobile 6.1 on a HTC Touch Diamond2.
    Friday, May 1, 2009 11:56 AM
  • I don't know where the configuration settings the error is referring to are located, but with several bug reports filed on this issue, I'm sure it has the Live Mesh mobile team's attention.
    -steve
    Friday, May 1, 2009 2:49 PM