Regarding the Piracy that is happening on Age Of Empires Online gaming.

• Hi there, 

I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place first of all, I really don't know who to take this issue up with. I tried the official game forums but they only removed my post and banned me for 2 days because I am bringing this information to light. They accused me of violating the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct, purely because I am bringing this information to light, and because I am publishing it on the official game forums where everyone else can see.

I really need to speak to someone senior in Microsoft, and someone who is not going to accuse me of violating code of conduct, and give me some sort of information as to what steps are being taken to tackle this piracy.

To begin with i would like to introduce myself, my gamertag is M3SUT85 on Windows Live.

I am a new member of Age of Empires Online, and have been playing for 2 months now.<o:p></o:p>

Over the past 2 months, I have realised strange goings on with the game and finally came to a conclusion. Gold sellers are a serious threat to your player base, and they need to be abolished.

These gold sellers act as genuine casual game players in game on the trade windows, but in fact they are farming quests, charging extortionate prices in game currency(gold), and making real money by selling gold to people and kids.<o:p></o:p>

This is piracy and must stop immediately.The Devs recently took measures in order to tackle these people by reducing the drop rates from quests, however they have penalised genuine players in the process.

What they actually did without realising is,  they made it extremely difficult for genuine casual players to progress in the game, and have made those Gold Sellers, the Kings..<o:p></o:p>

They rule the prices in the trade market, with a single  Price Guide which is published on the Forums, by Gold sellers, namely DarkPantherz, which everyone uses as a guide to sell their items in the trade windows of the game.<o:p></o:p>

This player has made great progress in game, and has formed a clan.  They only operate as farmers and they charge extortinate prices for their items in trade, and then they resell  the Gold on third party websites. It is a vicious corrupt cycle they are performing. There is also another clan with IP in front of their gamertag, specifying they belong to IP clan. Forming a clan on this game is not part of the game, they only do this to farm more effectively.<o:p></o:p>

So basically, after the recent actions of the Devs reducing the drop rates, these people are making even more real cash from this game, than what they used to.

Because the drop rates are reduced, people are left with no option but to turn to these Pirate Gold sellers more than ever before, and making the market prices inflate. I refuse to do this and am trying to get more people to stand up to these Pirates. I am not going to be part of their corrupt cycle, and doing everything in my hands to let people know about these people.

A Hammer of Kaveh for example, used to cost 500k gold in trade, since these drop rates were reduced,  the price has rocketed to 2m and the farmers are cashing in on it.<o:p></o:p>

Please can someone come forward and provide support to the Genuine member, rather than letting these people become masters in their crimes.<o:p></o:p>

Right now I feel like giving up, and I feel it's a waste of time to play this game, as all we are doing is feeding this corrupt cycle.<o:p></o:p>

If nothing is improved on these grounds, then I have no option but to fight these people on my own in trade windows, and destroy their customer base, so they can't feed off  people and sell gold, and inflate prices in the markets.<o:p></o:p>

One suggestion I could think of in order to tackle these people are, regulate the market prices, by publishing an official price guide on the game forums, instead of letting these people do it and charge outrageous prices.

Yours sincerely,

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:27 PM