sysprep and imaging RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody gone through sysprep, imaging, & restoring the image on multiple systems?

I am going through that now and having a lot of problems...After I sysprep the disk that I installed my WHS on, when I look at that disk, only Sys partition exists. Data partition does not exist anymore. Does sysprep removes that?

After sysprep, I took an image of that disk and then restored the image to another disk. New disk starts to boot the WHS, but kind of hangs at the middle......

Can anybody offer some hints of how I should be doing this?

Thanks in advance...

BJ

Sunday, December 9, 2007 12:56 AM

Answers

• BJ, that's normal. Sysprep removes that partition.
    Sunday, January 6, 2008 12:14 AM
  • BJ,

As Ken says, that's normal. When your Customer starts the Server for the first time, and start inputting their own details, (after the Welcome screen,) the Data partition will be created and populated with the shared folder names etc.

Colin

Sunday, January 6, 2008 6:01 PM

All replies

• BJ, there's a document on the OEM Preinstallation Kit CD that includes information about how to run sysprep on WHS. You should take a look at it.
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 3:13 AM
  • I did use that document and sysprep seems to finish ok, but after the sysprep finishes, the Data Partition disappears from that disk. I have a bootable CD that I boot from and when I look at that disk after sysprep, Data partition does not exist. Maybe that is what syspep does, but waned to see if anybody else has seen the same thing or not..

Thanks

BJ

Sunday, December 9, 2007 3:36 AM
  • BJ, that's normal. Sysprep removes that partition.
    Sunday, January 6, 2008 12:14 AM
  • BJ,

As Ken says, that's normal. When your Customer starts the Server for the first time, and start inputting their own details, (after the Welcome screen,) the Data partition will be created and populated with the shared folder names etc.

Colin

Sunday, January 6, 2008 6:01 PM