CRM 2011 - Multiple Owners on a Single Account RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to find a way to assign multiple users to a single account in CRM 2011. I found the following reference:

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/crmmultipleowners

This solution was from 4.0 so I am wondering if it will work with 2011 or if anyone has seen another solution as of late.

In addition to that, if this can work is there a way to import multiple owners?

If this doesn't work, will the share option basically allow the shared users the same permissions to the account as the owner? Is there a way to share accounts en masse rather than having to go into one at a time?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:38 PM

All replies

• Have not used the tool mentioned by you. However, the logic would be the same for CRM 2011. You might need to change some code to upgrade it to CRM 2011.

Using 'Share' you can provide other users same permissions as that of owner. From the Accounts list view (or advanced find results view), you can select multiple accounts and then share them with users.

Depending on the functionality, if you could have all the users in a team then you can assign the accounts to the team directly. Refer this.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:03 PM