none
Certification.. RRS feed

• Question

• hi i m planning to take up MCTS certification.. and have worked with .net base in my college and work place.. but as per the certification concern i am very New to it so i need suggestion for .net certification what should i start with.. i mean like MCTS 3.5 or 4 which will be like more on my side and easy as well (if i study well).. sorry for my informal language..... Any Help will be highly appreciated..
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 2:48 PM

Answers

• I'd suggest going with one of the 4.0 certifications, which will let you get the MCTS with a single exam (while the 3.5 versions require at least 2 exams).

If your experience is mostly in developing ASP.NET applications, then you can take exam 70-515, which will get you the MCTS:Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 certification. Similarly, if your experience is on WPF applications, you can take 70-511 for a MCTS on Windows Applications.

I suggest that you go into this page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx#tab2

which lists the certifications, and that you follow the links to the exams and read the "Skills Tested" tab. See the various entries in this list, and consider how well you know these subjects and how much it would cost you to learn those that you are not yet familiar with.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:02 AM