Emailing Leads thrugh a Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Couple of questions, I've created a workflow to send an automatic email to new leads when the lead is created. The workflow checks the lead source is Telesales, then if this is correct it sends an email based on a predefined template.

The two issues I have are:

1. The email that is generated has the following subject line: Aurora Technologies - Business Introduction AUR:0003057
    The first part is correct, but CRM is adding the identifier.
    Question: Can this be removed as it means nothing to the end user?

2. Within the Workflow, email properies I've left the From field blank. With it set to blank, the emails being generated from CRM arrive From my email address. If I set it to any other user, the email isn't sent. Other members of staff will also need to enter leads into CRM.
    Question: How can I define a generic From email address, something like Sales? This way if the email is responded to, the response will come to a generic distribution group and not an individual.  

3. How are none delierable emails handled? Would they simply come back to the email address defined as From?

Thanks in advance...

Dave Challen
    Aurora Technologies Ltd
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• >>Question: Can this be removed as it means nothing to the end user?
    Yes. go to Settings -> Administration -> Sysetm Settings -> Emal tab and uncheck "Use tracking token".

>>Question: How can I define a generic From email address, something like Sales? This way if the email is responded to, the response will come to a generic distribution group and not an individual.  
    Use the form assistant to dynamically set the "From" field to be the owner of the lead. this way the email will be sent from the owner of the lead record.

>>3. How are none delierable emails handled? Would they simply come back to the email address defined as From?
    Yes. Bounced emails will be sent back to the email address of the user who sent the email.

Hassan.

Technical Consultant | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:05 PM
  • Many thanks for the quick response... I've unchecked the token option.

As regards the From field, I didn't really want to set the From field to be the dynamic value associated with the Owner... really because the admin person who will be entering leads should be anonymous. Is there not a way of defining a specific email address such as sales@? 

Thanks again

Dave C 
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:15 PM
  • You can. Just create a sales user in active directory with an email address. Add the user to MS CRM and set the user in the From field when sending emails.

Hassan.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:19 PM
  • OK... but if I add a new user to AD, then add that user to CRM, this user will be the email address used to send emails From CRM... I understand that, however we already have a distribution group calles Sales with an email address of sales@company.co.uk, ideally the address I wanted to use. 
    I  won't be able to add a new user to AD called Sales with the same email address.
    I guess I'd ideally want to have the From address be the email address of an existing distirbution group so that return emails can be picked up by all sales personel.

Am I just being arkward?

Thanks again for the quick repsonse.

Dave C
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:34 PM
  • Ok. I understand. In that case you can still set the "From" field of the emails to the distribution group email.

Have a read of  the article on my blog below.

H.

Friday, May 8, 2009 8:24 AM
  • Hassan,

Many thanks for the feedback... I'll give this a go today.

Best Regards

Dave C
    Friday, May 8, 2009 8:39 AM