windows XP shows DVD-RW Drives as CD drives RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old Emachine which I have used for severeal years but both my Pioneer and NEC RW drives are being either not shown or as CD drives only, The OPsystem is fully up-to-date. I am not an expert but visiting this forum,which I have never known existed, has thrown a different light on the matter. I dont`t know whether this is relevant, but I had a problem uninstalling a version of Nero 6, unfortunately I lost the original disc,which was a legititmate version from a purchase of a drive, with which I had problems with the install.- trying to uninstall I had a message that the uninstal feature was not present which drove me to buy an unistal program,unfortunaly this has proved difficult to use-the XP rescue,which enable you to go-back has proved invalueble. Is there a fix availabe.my local computer shop said there was but would charge me £40.00 plus per hour to fix. Thanks  for any help I get    
    • Moved by Kukjin LeeMicrosoft employee Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:10 PM to find a right forum (From:Windows Perfmon and Diagnostic Tools)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers

All replies