Supporting Multiple SIP Domains remotely with Communicator RRS feed

• Question

• I am working for a international company that has implemented a single OCS 2007 Enterprise pool.

Edge Server is setup with Access Edge and Web Conferencing roles on the same server.

The Edge Server is configured to support various internal SIP domains, such as

mycompany.com

mycompany.de

mycompany.jp

I have configured DNS for mycompany.com

A records for meeting.mycompany.com (Access Edge server)

SRV record  _sip._tls.mycompany.com, port 443

I have configured DNS for mycompany.de and mycompany.jp SRV record  _sip._tls.mycompany.com, port 443

Communicator works with automatic configuration for user@mycompany.com, but when I try to use user@mycompany.de I get the following error message:

"Communicator was unable to locate the login server.  The DNS SRV record that exist for domain mycompany.de point to an invalid server meeting.mycompany.com which is not trusted to provide support for the domain because the server's domain is not an exact match."

If I manually configure Communicator with the "meeting.mycompany.com:443" I can connect to user@mycompany.de, so the Edge server is configured correctly.

How do I set Communicator to trust meeting.mycompany.com?

How do other people setup Communicator with multiple SIP domains?

How should I set it up? Twenty Edge servers for the different SIP domains is not a option.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:12 PM

All replies